All that you need to prepare this recipe
- 2 whole wheat bread slices
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise 2 tsp, grated carrot 2 tsp, grated cabbage 2 ½ tbsp, boiled and shredded chicken Salt to taste Black pepper as required 1 tsp butter melted
How to prepare?
- First rinse and grate the veggies
- Add mayonnaise to the grated vegetables.
- To this add shredded and boiled chicken pieces. You can also cut them small if required.
- Season with salt and pepper as per taste or requirement and mix well.
- Take the bread slices and spread some butter on them.
- Spread the mixture over a buttered slice and cover this with the other slice. Place the sandwich in the preheated sandwich maker.
- Grill till crisp and golden.
- Serve chicken coleslaw sandwich hot plain or with any dip or sauce of your choice.
Nutritional benefits from the recipe
||2-3 Year olds
||4-5 Year olds
*Recommended dietary allowance
- You can cut the sandwiches in different shapes with the help of knife or molds.
- Add seasoning like oregano or herbs if your child is fond of those.
- You can add up one more layer to this sandwich and make it bi-layer or double decker by adding green chutney spread to it.
- You can also include vegetables like onion, tomato or bell peppers to give variations.