All that you need to prepare this recipe
- 1 egg, beaten properly
- 3 tbsp, finely sliced onion
- 1/4th cup, refined wheat flour
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
How to prepare?
- In a large nonstick skillet or pan, sauté onions in oil until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk the egg and salt.
- Reduce heat to medium; add egg mixture to the pan.
- Cook and stir until eggs are completely set, like we do to make scrambled eggs.
- Keep the eggs aside and knead the dough to make a tortilla wrap.
- Heat a tawa and put the roti/tortilla on it to get light brown color from the both the sides. Use oil whenever required so that it’s cooked properly.
- Spoon 2/3 cup mixture down the center of each tortilla or roti and roll it up.
- Cut it into two parts and serve hot with green chutney.
Nutritional benefits from the recipe
||2-3 Year olds
||4-5 Year olds
*Recommended dietary allowance
- You can also add cheese spread or grated cheese to the wrap.
- If your kid likes chilies, then spice it up with some ½ tsp schezwan sauce to cheese spread and make a dressing of it. Slightly spread it on the tortilla or roti and put the egg on to it.
- Instead of refined flour you can also use whole wheat flour or oatmeal flour to make the wrap base.
- You can also add vegetables like bell peppers, tomatoes, carrots and peas.