All that you need to prepare this recipe
- 3 slices, whole wheat bread
- 2 tbsp, grated cucumber
- 1 tbsp, sliced onion
- 1 tbsp, sliced tomato
- 2 tbsp, finely chopped tomato
- 1 tsp, melted butter
- 1 tbsp, grated carrot
- 1 ½ tbsp, sliced capsicum
- 1 ½ tbsp, cheese spread
- Salt to taste
- Pepper as required
How to prepare?
- Rinse and slice half tomato, onion and capsicum. Finely chop the remaining tomato and remove the seeds.
- Rinse, peel and grate the carrot and cucumber.
- Mix grated cucumber, carrot and tomato together in cheese spread. Also add salt and pepper to it as per requirement.
- On one bread place sliced onion, tomato and capsicum and sprinkle pepper. Cover the sandwich with remaining slice.
- On this second slice put the mixture of cheese spread and finish the sandwich by covering it with last slice of bread.
- Brush some butter on the top slice.
- In a pre-heated grill, place the sandwich carefully with the buttered side facing at the bottom. Now brush some butter on the top side facing you.
- Close the grill and grill the sandwich for 2-3 minutes or till crisp and golden. Remove the grilled sandwich with the spatula and serve hot with some ketchup or green chutney
Nutritional benefits from the recipe
||2-3 Year olds
||4-5 Year olds
*Recommended dietary allowance
- You can cut either in the form of triangles or rectangles. Place some ketchup or green chutney on each half so as to increase color.
- You can also add shredded (boiled) chicken or paneer, if required.
- Instead of putting capsicum raw, you can grill in oil or butter along with herbs so that it becomes soft.
- When cheese spread isn’t available. Mix hung curd and some milk cream to make the spread.