All that you need to prepare this recipe
- 1/4th cup, ragi flour
- 1 ½ tbsp, semolina (suji)
- 1 tbsp, yogurt
- 1 tsp, finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp, finely chopped green capsicum
- 1 tsp, finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp, finely chopped carrot
- 2-3 curry leaves
- 1/4th tsp, Cumin seeds
- 1/4th tsp, Mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
How to prepare?
- Combine semolina and yogurt in a bowl and mix. Add ragi flour, onion, capsicum, tomatoes, carrot, cumin seeds and mustard seeds and mix well.
- Add some water, mix well and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick tawa.
- Add curry leaves and salt to prepared flour mixture and mix well.
- Put some oil on hot tawa and wipe with a tissue.
- Pour a ladleful of prepared flour mixture, spread into a shape of uthapam and roast till the underside turn slight golden.
- Make incisions on cooked uthapam and roast from the other side till golden and crisp.
- Cut into 4 equal pieces and serve hot with chutney or sambhar
Nutritional benefits from the recipe
||2-3 Year olds
||4-5 Year olds
*Recommended dietary allowance
- You can add grated cheese on top or cottage cheese if your child is fond of them.
- Instead of usual sambhar, try and serve it with various homemade chutneys like green chutney or tomato chutney.
- Instead of cutting as triangles, try and cut them as strips that can be served easily and he/she can eat it as finger food.