All that you need to prepare this recipe
- 1/4th cup, boiled grated or mashed potato
- 2 tbsp, grated carrot
- 2 tbsp, boiled mashed peas
- 1 tbsp, finely chopped onions
- 2 tbsp, bread crumbs
- 1 tsp, refined wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- Chaat masala as needed
- Oil as required
- 1 tsp, finely chopped Coriander leaves
How to prepare?
- Steam or boil veggies until just done. Drain any excess moisture if left.
- Mash them well. Add bread crumbs, salt, Chaat masala to the veggies and mix everything well.
- It must be a non-sticky dough. If needed, add more bread crumbs to make it more uniform.
- Make 2 small patties and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, make a slightly thin batter of refined flour with water.
- Dip each patty in the batter on both the sides.
- Place them on bread crumbs and then keep aside for 5-10 mins so that they dry.
- Heat the oil for shallow frying. Fry them on both the sides until golden and crisp.
- Serve veg cutlet hot with dip of your choice.
Nutritional benefits from the recipe
||2-3 Year olds
||4-5 Year olds
*Recommended dietary allowance
- Try different shapes like vegetable sticks, heart shaped or may be square patties.
- You can bake instead of shallow frying.
- You can use poha or rice flakes instead of bread crumbs.
- Instead of refined flour, you can also use besan, rice flour or oatmeal flour for coating.
- If not basic chutney or sauce, you can serve these with hung curd and mint dip.