All that you need to prepare this recipe
- 1 cup, wheat vermicelli
- 1 tsp, urad dal
- 3 tbsp, finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp, coriander chopped
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder as required
- 1/2 tsp, Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp, Cumin seeds
How to prepare?
- Heat a wok or a kadhai and roast the vermicelli for 3-4 minutes until slightly golden. Transfer to a plate and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in the same kadhai and add urad dal, mustard and cumin seeds. Let them crackle for a minute. Sauté for 1-2 minutes and add the onions. Mix well.
- Add turmeric powder and salt and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water, and bring to a rolling boil. Add the vermicelli and mix well. Cover the kadhai with a lid and let it cook for 5-6 minutes or until the vermicelli is cooked and the water is dried up.
- Check seasoning. Transfer to a serving bowl and finish with chopped coriander on top. Serve immediately.
Nutritional benefits from the recipe
||2-3 Year olds
||4-5 Year olds
*Recommended dietary allowance
- You can also add vegetables like potato, carrots, beans and peas.
- You can also put nuts like peanuts and grated coconut.